This Love Tea simple syrup is something special. With hints of cacao and cinnamon, this floral syrup is perfect for crafting unique cocktails or stirring into a cozy morning latte. It’s also an easy addition to sparkling or ice water: refreshing, with a delicate flavor that will mystify your friends!
Love Tea Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fair trade, organic cane sugar or 1 cup organic local honey (Note: while we like the health benefits of honey, using sugar has a more neutral taste, which allows the flavor of the delicate tea to really shine)
- 6 Tbsp. organic loose-leaf Love Tea
- Boil water in a medium saucepan on the stovetop.
- Once water has come to a boil, take saucepan off heat and steep tea in water for about 5 minutes, or until desired flavor. The flavor should be much more concentrated than a typical cup of sipping tea.
- Remove tea leaves and compost.
- Bring your tea/water infusion back to a boil on the stovetop.
- Add sugar or honey* and stir until dissolved.
- Set the saucepan aside and let cool for 1 hour before storing in a pantry jar or recycled glass storage jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
*If you decide to use honey for your syrup, make sure the temperature of the honey is not raised above 110 degrees Fahrenheit. In other words, you’ll want to dissolve the honey into warm water, not boiling water.
looking for another delicious herb-flavored syrup?
You might also enjoy: