While I’ll never stop loving a classic café latte, I’m amazed by the variety of creamy drinks you can create with healthful herbs and teas. That's why we were overjoyed to see this submission from Rita Gillan (ritadoula.com), a recipe contest winner from our Fall 2017 catalogue. Enjoy her simple how-to-guide and chai maca latte recipe. Now you can make this delicious herbal beverage in the comfort of your own home. Thanks, Rita!
Rita, a doula and physical therapist, shared why she crafts lattes at home. "What I love about making fancy lattes is the delight in allowing the ingredients to simmer and make their way to my senses," she said. "They stimulate movement and provoke deliciously deep breaths, all before even touching my tongue."
The possibilities are endless! Make your own signature lattes that are uniquely you with this simple, flexible process:
- Start with your favorite, hot-brewed tea. You can choose a caffeinated tea like organic matcha or a coffee alternative like Herbal Coffee. You can also steep an herbal tea or make your own hot herbal infusion with your herbs of choice.
- Add a little organic oil and/or nut butter. Some popular favorites include organic coconut oil, organic cashew nut butter, and organic almond butter. You can also add milk, cream, or a substitute "mylk" of your choice!
- Mix in powdered herbs and spices. Get creative by adding organic botanicals like adaptogenic ashwagandha, vibrant turmeric, or yummy cacao.
- Pour ingredients into a heat-safe blender and blend until creamy.
- Immediately, pour into a mug and top with fragrant garnishes like organic rose petals or freshly grated organic nutmeg.
Makes one delicious 12 oz. latte.
- 2–3 tsp. organic Classic Chai Tea
- 2 Tbsp. organic almond butter
- 1–2 Tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1 Tbsp. organic refined coconut oil
- 2 tsp. organic roasted cacao powder
- 1 tsp. organic maca powder
- Steep chai in 12 oz. of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain tea and mix with all other ingredients in a heat-safe blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, about 20 seconds.
- Pour, sip, and enjoy!
Looking for another Herbal Tea Latte Recipe?
You may also be interested in: