I discovered this recipe from an herbalist friend in North Carolina. It’s the perfect healthy (and tasty) addition to a snack table. This recipe makes about 2 cups of delicious garlicy goodness. Serve with crackers, veggies, pita, or use as a spread on sandwiches and wraps!
Vegan Carrot Cashew Dip Recipe
- 3 chopped organic carrots (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup organic cashews (soaked overnight)
- handful of fresh organic cilantro (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cloves of organic garlic or 1 Tbsp of organic garlic powder or granules
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp organic olive oil or organic sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp organic sesame seeds
- Soak cashews in water for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Add carrots, cashews, and garlic to a food processor. Blend until almost smooth.
- Add liquid aminos/soy sauce, olive oil, and cilantro to processor until pâté-like consistency.
- Slowly add water to processor until it reaches preferred consistency.
- Transfer to serving dish, top with sesame seeds, and enjoy!
Be sure to refrigerate if you’re not eating it right away and enjoy within a week.
Be Creative With Flavor!
Looking to add a variety of flavors to this dip? Try one of these additions in place of or along with the cilantro:
- 1 Tbsp organic all purpose seasoning
- 1 Tbsp organic curry powder
- 1 Tbsp organic mesquite seasoning
- 1 Tbsp organic west indies rub
Want to make other delicious condiments at home?
You may also enjoy: