As I learn more about health, nutrition, and how my mind and body perform best, I'm discovering some new ways to beat the afternoon slump. I like to make a big mug of this tea when I start to drift. It helps to stir in a little raw honey for extra balance...
- 1 Tablespoon organic Oatstraw
- 1 Tablespoon organic Bilberry Fruit, dried
- 1 teaspoon organic Cacao Nibs, roasted
- 1 teaspoon organic Nettle leaf
- 1 teaspoon organic Astragulus root or Pau d' Arco bark*
- teaspoon organic Peppermint leaf
Combine all ingredients in a strainer, nest, infuser or bag and pour 1/2 to 2 cups of boiling water over. Allow to steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain and stir in 1-2 teaspoons raw, organic honey. Enjoy!
*If using Pau d' Arco bark, I like to toss the bark in with the water while it boils and then pour over the the rest of the tea herbs. This better extracts the properties of the bark. I Also add a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice.
This post was originally a part of our series called "The Sunday Steep."