This recipe from our product archives is based off the herbal blend we formerly carried named “Echinacea & Roots Tea”. Robust in flavor, it is a favorite in any season and my go-to when in need of a little extra herbal support.
Echinacea & Roots Tea Decoction Recipe
- 1/4 cup pau d’ arco bark
- 1/4 cup organic Echinacea purpurea root
- 1/4 cup organic dandelion root
- 1/4 cup organic roasted dandelion root
- 2 Tbsp. organic sweet cinnamon bark chips
- 2 Tbsp. organic burdock root
- 1 Tbsp. sassafras bark
- 1 Tbsp. organic ginger root
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Store the rooty blend in a airtight glass jar until ready to brew.
Brewing (makes 2 servings)
- Place 2 tablespoons of herbal root blend into a small saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of cold water.
- Slowly heat to a simmer.
- Cover and gently simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, being careful not to boil.
- Strain into a teapot or directly into two mugs for serving.
- If you prefer a stronger flavor, this blend can be simmered for an additional 10 to 20 minutes.
- If desired, you can brew a larger batch and refrigerate the strained decoction in a mason jar for 2 to 3 days.
Looking For More Herbal Tea Blends?
You may also enjoy: