We have a wonderful new video recipe by Rosalee de la Forêt to share from the upcoming Taste of Herbs course! If you have already downloaded your free Flavor Wheel, be sure to take a look at it as you watch this video. Astragalus chai tea boasts the powerful immuno-supportive benefits of sweet herbs like astragalus and codonopsis alongside the delicious pungent spices of ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pepper. Here's what you'll need...
Astragalus Chai TeaIngredients
- 10-15 small slices organic astragalus root
- 2 tablespoons of organic codonopsis root
- 2 tablespoons of organic ginger root
- 2 tablespoons organic dried orange peel
- 1 tablespoon of organic cinnamon chips
- 1 teaspoon of organic peppercorns
- 1-2 organic cardamom pods
- 3-5 organic allspice berries
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic cloves (about 3-5 cloves)
- 1 and 1/2 quarts of water
- Place all the ingredients in a pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Add milk and honey if desired.
You may also enjoy:
- Rainy Day Chai Tea Recipe with Cacao Nibs
- Two Ways to Make Traditional Chai Tea
- Tasty Turmeric Chai Tea