At times like those, I need to focus on bringing myself back to a calm, stable, more normal state. I think of it as bringing my adrenals back to room temperature. A nice walk, some time working in the garden, and a cup of this tea all help me to let the hyped up needs of the day go, so I can start to feel grounded once again...
Unwind & Simmer Down Tea Blend
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican Dogwood bark
- 1 teaspoon organic Damiana leaf
- 1 teaspoon organic Oatstraw
- 1 teaspoon organic Ginger root
- 1 teaspoon organic Cinnamon chips
- 1 dropperful organic Kava Kava extract
Combine all the herbs (excluding the extract) in a strainer, nest, infuser or bag and bring 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water to boil. Pour water over tea herbs and allow to steep for 3-4 minutes. Remove herbs and compost. Add dropperful of Kava Kava extract to tea. Add honey and/or lemon to taste, if desired. Take a deep breath...and enjoy!
This post was originally a part of our series called "The Sunday Steep."