From our weekly series: The Sunday Steep
I don't know about you, but I've been indulging. From Thanksgiving all the way through New Year, it's been treats and toddies and glorious meals with wonderful folks. But, now, it's time to do a little gastronomical regroup. This tea is made up of some wonderful herbs and roots and has a lot of flavor to help you get back on the health track! I like to make up a quart jar and sip throughout the day for a couple of days to reset my system...
January Health Kick Tea with Dandelion Root
- 1 Tablespoon organic Spearmint or Peppermint leaf
- 1 Tablespoon organic Dandelion Root
- 1 teaspoon organic Allspice Berries, whole
- 1 teaspoon organic Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon organic Licorice Root or 2 Licorice Root slices
- 1 teaspoon organic Parsley Root or leaf
Combine all the herbs in an infuser, bag, nest or strainer, or put all the herbs in a quart-sized Mason jar. Pour 4 cups boiling water over and let steep for 5-10 minutes. Since this recipe includes some roots, you can also allow this to steep over night and then strain and reheat the next day. I think it is tastiest served hot, but it could be consumed cold or room temperature too.
Add the squeezed juice from one lemon and sip!