The rains are back! At least, here in Oregon, our beloved fall is kicking off with some delightful cloudbursts and puddles for tromping through! Rainy days call for tasty, savory, deeply-flavored tea, and the inspiration for this recipe is taken right from the sky!
This recipe combines two of my favorite flavors: chai and cacao! And why not have both? Many people wouldn't normally consider steeping cacao nibs or cacao powder, but it works! In fact, some make a simple "cacao tea" from steeping cacao nibs or powder through a tea press. We hope you enjoy the earthy, slightly spicy, full-bodied flavor of this blend.
Rainy Day Chai Tea Recipe with Cacao Nibs
- 2 Tablespoons organic Firefly Chai tea
- 1 teaspoon organic Nettle leaf
- 1 teaspoon organic roasted Cocao Nibs
- 1 dropper (or more, to taste) organic Lemon Balm extract/tincture
Combine the Firefly Chai, Nettle, and Cocao Nibs in a tea infuser, strainer or bag. Pour 2 - 2 1/2 cups boiling water over and let steep for 3-5 minutes. Add 1 dropper of Lemon Balm extract or tincture and stir to combine. Feel free to add a little milk, soy, and/or honey to taste. Enjoy!
Useful Tea Accessories
- Tea press or infuser
- Tea pot and tea cup
- Explore all tea accessories
You may also be interested in:
- Herbal Iced Teas For Summer
- How To Brew Flowering Tea
- Raspberry Leaf Tea Blend
- Two Ways to Make Traditional Chai Tea