It's snack time!
Garbanzo beans are one of my favorite legumes. Super versatile with a buttery texture, I love to toss them into soups, stews, curries, salads, or blend them into delicious hummus. However, I've recently discovered a new obsession...
A few months ago, I noticed grocery aisles filling up with all sorts of new crunchy bean snack products. A lovely alternative to fried chips and processed puffs, these crispy, crunchy, roasted treats offer a crave-worthy way to enjoy the protein and fiber packed goodness of beans. So...with inspiration in my heart and a hungry belly, I started making these beauties at home. The recipe is incredibly simple and can be switched up with your favorite herbs and spices to create a never ending rotation of exciting flavors. A savory combination of green herbs, lemon, and onion has been my go-to lately, but I also love to sprinkle some Cajun Seasoning, Mesquite, or Thai Curry Blend on them. Feel free to experiment!
Crispy Herb Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. organic virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh organic lemon juice
- 2 tsp. organic onion powder or granules
- 1 tsp. organic dill weed, spinach powder, basil, or rosemary powder
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- organic black pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss chickpeas with olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Roast in a glass pan for 25-35 minutes or until crunchy, stirring often.
4. Allow to cool and enjoy!