Herbs to Help Keep Dogs Calm
DIY Herbal Dog Treat Recipe
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of raw batter or 20 dog treats
- 1 cup organic coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic teff, almond or brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter or nut butter
- 2 Tbsp. organic sunflower oil (great for a dog's coat)
- 1 organic banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. organic chamomile flower powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic oatstraw powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic valerian root powder
- Preheat oven to 300 ℉.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake on lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Place in an airtight container like these glass pantry jars for storage.
- You can freeze the batter and/or the finished product for up to two weeks. Just remember to label and date your herbal dog treats.
- Cats are not the same as dogs when it comes to herbs, so please explore Dr. Kidd's Herbal Cat Care book before giving your feline friend any herbs.
LOOKING FOR Another RECIPE for your pup?
You may also enjoy:
- How to Make Natural Dog Shampoo with Soothing Tea Base
- Leave-In Conditioner Recipe for Dogs
- Catnip: A Beneficial Herbs for Cats and Humans Alike