Herbs to Help Keep Dogs Calm
DIY Herbal Dog Treat Recipe
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of raw batter or 20 dog treats
- 1 cup organic coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic teff, almond or brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter or nut butter
- 2 Tbsp. organic sunflower oil (great for a dog's coat)
- 1 organic banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. organic chamomile flower powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic oatstraw powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic valerian root powder
- Preheat oven to 300 ℉.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake on lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Place in an airtight container like these glass pantry jars for storage.
- You can freeze the batter and/or the finished product for up to two weeks. Just remember to label and date your herbal dog treats.
- Cats are not the same as dogs when it comes to herbs, so please explore Dr. Kidd's Herbal Cat Care book before giving your feline friend any herbs.
LOOKING FOR A SAVORY HUMMUS RECIPE?
You may also enjoy:
- How to Make Natural Dog Shampoo with Soothing Tea Base
- Leave-In Conditioner Recipe for Dogs
- Catnip: A Beneficial Herbs for Cats and Humans Alike