We are excited to share our Mountain Rose Herbs’ 2015 Sustainability Report with you! People, plants, and planet before profit is at the heart of everything we do. Our core values of environmental stewardship, fair trade practices, zero waste production and community support steer the decisions we make. Thanks to our customers, vendors, and employees, we hold true those principles by monitoring and reporting on our greenhouse gas emissions, water usage, employee programs, charitable giving, and other key indicators. We appreciate your continued support and engagement guiding us to affect positive change!
2015 Highlights & Accomplishments
- Diverted 96.2% of company waste!
- Offset 295.5 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions through Carbonfund.org
- Installed a 25 kWh solar array at main facility
- Collected 597 lbs of food and 304 lbs of clothing during our annual employee-led Food and Clothing Drive
- Completed Salmon-Safe projects, including a tree planting and rain garden installation
- Decreased greenhouse gas emissions by 5.6 metric tons compared to 2014
- Hosted two Free Herbalism Project events, helping to educate 1,100 people and raising $1,400 for the United Plant Savers
- Sponsored 10 Mountain Rose River Projects, removing 12,956 gallons of trash, clearing 10 cubic yards of invasive plants, and planting/mulching 377 trees and native plants
- Completed a packaging evaluation of herb bags and labels to ensure we use the most sustainable packaging option