I like to feel fresh and confident during the hot summer months, but hate worrying about synthetic ingredients. With consumer awareness growing to avoid nasty chemicals on our sensitive underarms, natural deodorants have become one of the most desired personal care products. While there have been lots of "natural" options on the market over the years, many popular brands are now manufactured by larger umbrella companies that might not have your ethics at heart. Thankfully, there are herbal ingredients that really work! While not antiperspirants - because sweating is actually healthy for us - some botanical ingredients can help you feel secure in any temperature by helping to neutralize underarm odors. That's what inspired me to create a recipe for a solid deodorant that I love many moons ago! My new liquid roll-on recipe below is especially nice when you forget to apply something in the morning and need a little refreshment before you get on with your daily adventure. It's super convenient.
This recipe is easily customizable to meet your needs and preferences in a deodorant product. Feel free to add a dash of baking soda or organic arrowroot powder if you prefer, or change the essential oils to work best with your skin and nose.
DIY Liquid Roll-On Deodorant Recipe
- 1 1/2 Tbsp organic witch hazel extract
- 1/2 Tbsp organic vegetable glycerine
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt (optional)
Essential Oil Blend
- 10 drops organic hops essential oil
- 2 drops organic juniper berry essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
(Feel free to experiment with 10-14 drops of your favorite essential oils.)
- Place salt in roll top glass bottle if desired.
- Add witch hazel and glycerine.
- Add essential oils by the drop.
- Fasten roll top and cap.
- Roll bottle between the palms of your hands to disperse essential oils into the mixture.
- Roll into underarm as needed.