If you use a natural laundry detergent, or if you make your own laundry liquid, you probably have realized that the scents of the essential oils you used do not last quite as long as their chemical-laden commercial counterparts. Many of us really do appreciate that long-lasting clean smell, and it can feel like a trade-off of making the switch to natural alternatives—that is, until you learn how to incorporate organic linen sprays to enhance your earth-friendly laundry care routine.
This easy and affordable compromise allows you to freshen up your bedding (and other linens) between washes. This formulation is also blended with essentials oils that have been known to invoke feelings of peacefulness and can offer a nice ambiance to help ease you into a restful night’s sleep.
Sleepy Summer Breeze DIY Linen Spray
Makes about 2 ounces.
- 7 drops organic vetiver essential oil
- 3 drops organic ylang ylang essential oil
- 2 ounces organic rose hydrosol
- Add essential oils to a 2-ounce glass bottle with mister top.
- Fill rest of bottle with rose hydrosol.
- Shake well and spray linens as desired.
- This spray can also be used as a peace-invoking body mist!
- Store in the fridge to maximize shelf life.
Looking for other natural laundry options?
You may also enjoy:
- How to Make Liquid Soap Nut Laundry Soap
- 8 Natural Household Cleaner Recipes
- 3 Magic Moon Milk Recipe for Restful Sleep