Have you tried our West Indies Rub?
Well, it's incredibly delicious and surprisingly versatile! With notes of ginger, fenugreek, coriander, mustard seed, and garlic, this harmonious blend adds a punch of flavor and a nice amount of heat to your recipe. One of our favorite quick and easy meal ideas uses the rub to spice up your classic tempeh salad. New to tempeh? It's a protein-packed cake made from whole soybeans that is cultured and fermented – making it easier to digest than tofu. The meaty texture makes it the perfect alternative to chicken or tuna. Experiment and enjoy!
West Indies Tempeh Salad
• 12 ounces organic tempeh, cubed
• 1 stalk organic celery, chopped
• 1 organic carrot shredded
• ½ organic red bell pepper, chopped
• ½ organic yellow onion, chopped
• 2 cloves of organic garlic, minced
• 1/2 organic hemp seeds
• 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise or vegenaise
• 2 tablespoons Epicurean Organics Macadamia Nut Oil
• 2 teaspoons Epicurean Organics West Indies Rub
• 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
• Epicurean Organics Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
• Epicurean Organics Rainbow Peppercorns, freshly ground to taste
• 1/3 cup organic golden raisins
1. Steam the cubed tempeh and then brown it in a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon oil of your choice.
2. Remove from heat and allow the tempeh to cool while you prepare the vegetables.
3. Mix tempeh, celery, carrot, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and hemp seeds together in a bowl.
4. Stir the mayonnaise, Macadamia Nut Oil, lemon juice, and West Indies Rub into the tempeh and vegetable mixture.
5. Season with Himalayan Pink Salt and freshly ground Rainbow Peppercorns.
6. Fold in the golden raisins.
7. Serve on toasted sourdough bread with greens, seeded crackers, or enjoy as a side dish!