Here at Mountain Rose Herbs, we put a lot of thought into sourcing, crafting, and delivering our customers the finest organic, non-GMO, and fair trade botanicals from across the globe. What good are consciously sourced products if they're not packaged in equally sustainable materials? We make sure we are using the best available sustainable packaging materials in order to reduce our environmental impact and leave a smaller carbon footprint.
Our first priority is to deliver your organic herbs, teas, spices, and other botanical goodies to you safely and in excellent condition. Customer orders are handpicked with care daily. Each unique order of organic lavender essential oil, organic and fair trade turmeric powder, or organic and fair trade red roobios tea is plucked from the shelf and packed into a box by hand.
As a zero waste company, we care about the materials we use to package and ship products to your doorstep. We do our very best to use post-consumer recycled content. Recycled materials almost always use less water and energy than new materials and produce fewer toxic byproducts.
For shipping, we want to make the package as small and lightweight as possible without compromising product safety, so we use efficient air pillows. We chose this material because it contains pre-consumer recycled content, it's 100% recycable as a #4 plastic film, and biodegradable in a commercial composter. It also contains 20% to 50% less resin content than other films. While they are plastic, we believe they are the best option. As a plant-centric company, we also prioritize materials derived from renewable biological sources. We steer clear of materials that have chlorine, heavy metals, and other toxins.
Materials We Use To Ship Your Order:
- 100% post-consumer corrugated cardboard boxes.
- Water-based adhesive tape, which can be left on the box and recycled.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper invoices and flyers, certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- 100% recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable bubble wrap and inflatable air pillows.
- Plant-based packing peanuts to protect the products while in transit.
- When available, reused packing peanuts, block styroform, and fill material from incoming shipments.