I’ve gotten a few tattoos in my day and always question the quality of those over-the-counter ointments I'm handed at the tattoo parlor. Of course, the artists are trying to keep us and our new art safe, but who needs petroleum products after that kind of skin trauma?
We all know that taking sweet care of your tattoo after getting inked helps improve the life and vibrancy of the artwork. Why not skip the pre-packaged stuff for some herbal infused oils and non-GMO vitamin e oil woven together with moisturizing botanical butters? This recipe is the best treat for your skin to protect that new piece!
Botanical Tattoo Balm Recipe
1 Tbsp organic plantain infused oil
1 tsp non-GMO vitamin E oil
- Melt butters together in the top of a double boiler using a glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Stir in the herbal oils and allow to combine.
- Add in the vitamin E oil.
- Dry the bottom of the glass measuring cup and pour into containers.
- Allow to cool and then cap the jars.
Rub a light layer of the balm onto freshly inked skin throughout the day. Make sure not to leave on goopy layers so the skin can breathe.