Many cuticle creams on the market today are mixed with yucky chemicals meant to “dissolve” your cuticle. Sure they might be pesky at times, but cuticles serve a purpose. Their job is to protect your nail bed, and our job is to protect them!
Keeping your hands and cuticles well hydrated the key to keeping them looking great! If your cuticles are not well moisturized they are more prone to break and thus become more vulnerable. Maintaining well hydrated cuticles is what keeps them under control.
So instead of trimming, try this weekly routine: soak nails in warm soapy water, pat dry and then gently push your cuticles back (with something soft) and slather on some of this cuticle ointment. You can also keep a tin of this cuticle cream in your bathroom, on your nightstand, in your kitchen, and even at your desk to apply throughout the day. You might find that your cuticles are less of a problem, with the added benefit of fewer hang nails, and an overall improvement in nail health.
I love Argan oil! Pressed from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan Argan tree, Argan oil smells lightly nutty (not as much as neem), is so incredibly light, and absorbs quickly into the skin, making it a perfect cosmetic oil for your face, hair, or nails! I like to use it knowing it will absorb quickly and that I won't get everything around me (especially my face and clothes) super greasy! You can also massage this ointment into brittle nails to help nourish and strengthen them naturally.
Argan Oil Cuticle Cream Recipe
- 2 Tbsp organic Argan Oil
- 2 Tbsp organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 TBSP + 1 TSP Beeswax Pastilles
- 2 Tbsp organic Shea Butter
- A couple drops of Vitamin E oil
- Essential Oil Blend
- 20 organic Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil (preferred) or organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 organic Tea Tree
- 10 organic Sweet Orange
- Place a small to medium sized pot of water (2-3 inches) on the stovetop, over low-medium heat.
- Place butter, oils, and beeswax into a small measuring glass and hang on the inside edge of your pot of water.
- Stir occasionally until butter and wax are fully melted together in the oil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in essential oils and vitamin e oil.
- Quickly pour into 5-6 1/2 oz tins.
- Place lids loosely onto containers and allow to cool.
- Once completely cool, place lids all the way on containers, make a label and enjoy!
Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil: Sweet, woodsy, softly floral, and delicately robust. A grounding essential oil sure to boost your mood.
Tea Tree Essential Oil: A classic essential oil with a sharp, earthy, herbaceous scent. A great essential oil to keep your nails in their happy healthy state.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Uplifting, citrusy, and sweet. The aroma of sweet orange is cheerful and will keep your nails feeling clean and fresh all day long.